Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Winners for Rita's FMS31 Sketch


Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge!  The Clean Team has chosen the Princesses for you this week and Rita has chosen her Queen!   
The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

Tui's Choice



This card was an instant standout for me this week, the bright, cheery colour palette and beautiful bouquet of pretty coloured poppies left me with a feeling of happiness and sunshine.  I love how Sue combined the colours of the image with the paper and added the colour black for some striking contrast and for a touch of simple elegance – a dimensional butterfly and gorgeous bling!  Congratulations Sue on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Lesley's Choice
Kara Lynne of Kara Lynne's Card Designs



I thought Kara Lynne's card was so amazing! The butterfly is beautiful and intricate! the background she created with paper is just dead cool!  Then she accented everything with colourful rhinestones.  Such a creative take on our sketch! Congratulations Kara Lynne on being my choice for a Perfect Princess this week!

Linda's Choice
Broni Holcomb of Splashes of Watercolor
04-20-12 Little Fish


Everything about this card makes me smile!  The image is adorable and perfectly colored. The blues beautifully compliment the corals and I love how the mermaid's fin peeks outside the frame!  The scallops, the wave and the sweet little fish are wonderful design details.  And don't miss that little pop of pink!  Congratulations Broni on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week! 

Jennifer's Choice
Adriana of Escape2stamp

I love designer papers...love them!  Adriana's card this week reminds me why!!  The frame she built for that fantastic bird is simply brilliant.  I love the extra sparkle she put on her circle that adds a certain something.  Then there is her sentiment.  The positioning is simply wonderful!!  What a fantastic graduation card this is.  Sure to inspire and a lovely reward for all the hard work!  Congratulations, Adriana, for being my Perfect Princess this week!

Kathy's Choice
Hannelie of Desert Diva




I loved Hannelie's gorgeous flower!  The way she has the petals falling from it is such an inspired idea! Then there is the beautiful ribbon treatment and little tag with its matching sentiment. Put all that together with those vibrant colours and you have a truly stunning card.  Congratulations Hannelie for being my Perfect Princess this week. 



Cindy's Choice
Narelle Farrugia of Stamplicious



This card was instant love for me.  The colors and designer papers are what drew me in, and the beautiful layered flower is what kept me coming back for another look.  Narelle's use of elements, such as the unique ribbon/brad treatment give this a professional look.  This is truly a clean and fresh card.  Somebody's mother is going to be very happy!  Congratulations, Narelle.  You're my pick for Perfect Princess this week!


Lisa's Choice
Beth McAlexander of Crafty Creations by Beth

I love how simple this card is, yet the colors and papers are so bold and draw your eye rght in. The layered flower is just gorgeous and the touch of embossing and designer brad are the perfect finishing touches. I also love how Beth incorporated the bakers twine on her card. Congratulations Beth for being my pick for Perfect Princess this week!

Jen's Choice
Valliam of Nifty Crafty


I just love Valliam’s clean and simple interpretation of our sketch.  The colorful background paper and pretty sentiment really set the stage for the star of this card:  those gorgeous, glittery paper roses.  And quilling the stems and leaves only adds to the awesome-factor of this gorgeous creation!  Congratulations Valliam on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

And Our Queen of Clean this week:


Rita's Choice
Gayatri of Handmade by G3

It was so hard to pick a queen this week!   I loved seeing all the beautiful interpretations of my sketch; you guys totally rocked it for sure!   As I kept looking over them all, my eye was drawn back to this gorgeous creation.   The colors of the flower are just so bright and fun and it looks amazing nestled in the cut out circle.  I love the scoring and the beautiful font of the sentiment.   It's a perfect clean card and a great example of what our challenge is all about.   Congratulations, Gayatri, on being the Queen of Clean this week! 



Come back and join us tomorrow for another sketch designed by Linda Callahan.

Thanks for stopping by,
The Clean Team

11 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Thank you so much for selecting me as a Perfect Princess! Thank you Lesley! Your words are so encouraging and complimentary. Congrats to all the princesses and the queen, gorgeous work!

Hannelie said...

Thanks so much for choosing my card this week!

Beth McAlexander said...

Wow! Thank you, Lisa, for picking me as a Perfect Princess! This is the first time I've been recognized for a challenge submission and I really, really appreciate it...especially with all of the awesome entries. Thanks again!

Broni said...

Oh my! Thanks so much, Linda, for choosing me as your Perfect Princess this week! I'm so honored!! Congrats to all the Princesses and to the Queen!!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous creations again this week - I love that such a simple sketch can be interpreted so diversly :) :) :)

Gayatri said...

Thank You for picking my card as the Queen! I am honoured and humbled and such a pleasure playing your sketches.
Congrats to all the Princess as well. Beautiful cards. Amazing to see how the same sketch yielded so many beautiful variations :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Thanks so much Cindy for choosing my card this week! I love coming back to FMS - I always get so much inspiration from the design team! Congrats to the all the Princesses and Queen!

Valliam said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for choosing my card this week. FMS really inspiring! Congrats to all the winners!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Just a note to say congratulations to all the winners. They are all lovely! TFS. hugs.

Sue Wieberg said...

Thank you so much Tui for choosing my card. Also, thanks ladies for the comments on our blogs. Much appreciated. You all are such a great inspiration to me!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous creations...